In March 2015 the State Oil Company of Azerbaijan Republic (SOCAR) and KBR announced an agreement to establish a new engineering and support Services Company in Azerbaijan. The legal entity name of the new company is SOCAR-KBR LLC and provides design, engineering, technical, procurement, construction supervision, and project management services for projects across the upstream, midstream, and downstream oil and gas sectors, in the Azerbaijan – Georgia – Turkey (AGT) region. The key objective of this strong partnership is to create a world-class Azerbaijan-based EPCM services company that will utilize the strengths of both organizations and deliver top quality results by utilizing, developing, and promoting Azerbaijani national content. The company has a long-term commitment from both organizations.
Position Title: Project Procurement Lead
Work Location: Baku
Roles and responsibilities:
• Leads, responsible, and accountable for the deployed category team and the single point of contact for the commercial aspects of the category.
• Responsible for the development of bidder lists in conjunction with GFH and defining the correct market approach for each package within their discipline, maximizing opportunities for national content.
• Supports the identification, validation, and integration of potential alternative suppliers from the local and global market
• Undertakes due diligence in mitigating all external supply risk from supplier selection through to PO execution and management by assuring compliance to all Project PSCM defined practices, policies, and procedures including the Code of Conduct and Counterparty Due Diligence.
• Assures compliance with the approved Company Procurement procedures
• Responsible for supervision of all aspects of the Procurement execution process, including the issue of Requests For Information; Requests For Proposals, evaluation, and issue of Recommendation For Award; Purchase Order issue; approval of changes and issue of Change Orders; resolution of issues through to delivery and closeout.
• Ensures the governance process is adhered to for all commitments made by their team.
• Identifies, implements, and realizes maximum value through effective “strategic cost management” utilizing best in class methods and tools and mitigates business risk through ensuring rigorous PO management controls.
• Interfaces with Cost and Planning groups.
• Communicates openly and with integrity with key business stakeholders to ensure alignment of PSCM and the internal customer.
• Attends weekly PSR and ESR meetings ensuring accurate, timely, and complete status updates are provided.
• Drives the Supplier Management process as prescribed by Category Management Process: Is the single point of PSCM accountability for supplier performance of their category and leads the development of supplier performance plans and review meetings, in collaboration with Key Stakeholders.
• Ensures delivery of all packages within their discipline through working with the Engineering, Expediting, Inspections, Materials, Logistics and Construction teams, and other project interfaces: to identify delivery priorities (Fabrication and Erection Workplans), monitor package progress against Required on Site (ROS) Dates, to ensure there are no issues impacting progress.
• Supervises and motivates their category team, through regular meetings and ensures that work is allocated correctly, priorities are established and understood.
• Supports the PSCM Team Lead, providing regular updates on upcoming activities and any potential issues that may need addressing, provides detailed information for project key issue updates.
• Responsible for the quality of all documents produced within their category team.
• Drive the delivery of Hotshots through the procurement and logistics process.
Requirements: 10+ years of experience in a relevant role
CVs to be submitted to email@example.com
(Please indicate the position “Project Procurement Lead” in the subject line of the e-mail).