• Provide support to the project by maintaining a visible presence to the field performing site visits to the entire project at least once per shift, if possible coordinate with the project manager.
• Assist in the coaching, mentoring, and implementation of the HS&E programs in the field.
• Regularly review and be familiar with all applicable legislation and applicable standards, to ensure compliance.
• Inform the project management team and supervision of any new or conflictive legislative matters that could impact the project.
• Develop a Site HS&E Management Plan (SMP) for the project to ensure a safe work environment for all company employees, contractors, visitors, and community.
• Regularly audit the SMP for compliance and update to ensure the alignment with project scope and conditions.
• Organize and schedule the required safety staff and first aid coverage.
• Provide direction, support, and resource to all site managers, supervisors, foremen, and safety advisors.
• Ensure that all incidents are reported immediately.
• Participate and assist the supervisors, foreman, and safety advisors in the investigation of incidents to determine root cause, and corrective actions where necessary.
• Ensure incident corrective actions are followed up on and completed.
• Ensure injured workers are offered modified duties and documentation has been completed. Monitor and follow up on modified workers in the field.
• Ensure Safety Advisors are verifying field staff training and competencies; consult the project management team and QHSE Manager for compliance and action plan.
• Review safety obligations of the clients and ensure they are carried out as per the terms of the agreement, and communicated to the Project Manager, Supervisors, Foreman, and Safety Advisors.
• Ensure new hires are orientated, and all required documentation is completed accurately and forwarded to the head office.
• Ensure safety boards with postings including but not limited to: Health and safety policy, inspection and audit results, project hazard assessment, location of first aid, etc. are maintained and current.
• Ensure that the following material is available and on-site, HS&E Manual, the applicable provincial legislation and regulations, site safety inspection forms, observation forms, tailboards and logbooks, fall protection plans, etc.
• Prepare for, and participate in audits such as 18001/or Owner audits.
• Communicate, coach, and assist the field staff to ensure that all safety expectations are understood and met.
• Coordinate a regular meeting with the project safety team to review issues, trends, and upcoming conditions or events.
• Min Diploma in Engineering, with specialization in HSE or related discipline.
• Possess certification in NEBOSH or equivalent
• Min 5 years of relevant experience in Construction.
• Minimum 2 year of supervisory experience
• Knowledgeable in ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OSHA 18001, ISM, standards, and HSE management systems is highly preferred.
• Familiar with the environmental requirements including preparation and supervision of waste management plan
• The ability to demonstrate the application of risk assessment to company operations and activities.
• Strong passion in HSE.
• Good MS Office skills particularly in Excel, Words, and Powerpoint.
• The HSE Supervisor will be fluent in Azerbaijan, English, and Russian
• Able to work independently and meticulous.
• Must be willing to travel at short notice.
• Good physical condition
Please send your CV to email@example.com highlighting the position “HSE Supervisor” in the subject title.